Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced the 40th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray release of Mel Brooks’ Blazing Saddles, which stars Cleavon Little, Harvey Korman, Madeline Kahn, Gene Wilder and Brooks himself. The new Blu-ray release of the classic comedy arrives with new, exclusive special features on May 6th.
One of Brooks’ most successful comedies, Blazing Saddles is listed #6 on American Film Institute’s (AFI) list of the best comedies of all time. Initially released in 1974, the movie grossed nearly $120 million at the domestic box office and has sold more than 4.6 million Blu-rays and DVDs.
Official Synopsis: Blazing Saddles stars Cleavon Little as an unlikely sheriff in the town of Rock Ridge, Harvey Korman as the villain, Madeline Kahn as a Marlene Dietrich-style chanteuse, Gene Wilder as the wacko Waco Kid and Brooks himself as a dimwitted politico. Once the lunatic film gets started, logic is lost in a blizzard of gags, jokes, quips, puns and outrageous assaults upon good taste or any taste at all. The film was nominated for three Academy Awards: Supporting Actress for Kahn, Best Editing and Best Song.
- NEW – Blaze of Glory: Mel Brooks’ Wild, Wild West – Brooks reflects on his own movie-making chutzpah, Blazing Saddles‘ lasting cultural impact on audiences of all generations, and alongside co-stars Gene Wilder and Madeline Kahn, proves why his film is one of the funniest and most outrageous film ever made.
- 10 Exclusive Art Cards with funny quotes and images from the film
- Audio Commentary with Mel Brooks
- Back in the Saddle: cast reunion documentary
- Black Bart: 1975 television pilot inspired by the movie
- Deleted Scenes
- Theatrical Trailer
*All Enhanced Content Listed Above Is Subject To Change