As Paramount continues its centennial celebration, the studio has announced the June 5th Blu-ray release of Hondo. The classic western stars John Wayne (True Grit) as the title character, a cavalry despatch rider who becomes the unwitting protector to a family living in dangerous Apache territory.
Directed by John Farrow (Wake Island) the film also features Lee Aaker (Bye Bye Birdie), James Arness (The Thing from Another World), Ward Bond (The Searchers), and Geraldine Page (The Rescuers), who received a Best Supporting Actress nomination for her performance.
Paramount will present Hondo in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD, English Mono Dolby TrueHD, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and Portuguese 5.1 Dolby Digital, as well as English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles.
Special features are as follows:
- Special introduction by Leonard Maltin
- Commentary by Leonard Maltin, western historian Frank Thompson, and Lee Aaker
- The Making of Hondo multi-part feature:
– Profile: James Edward Grant
– The John Wayne Stock Company: Ward Bond
– Wrap Up with Leonard Maltin
- The Apache featurette
- From the Batjac Vaults feature
- Photo gallery
- Original theatrical trailer
User Review( votes)
In January 2012, Universal Studios Home Entertainment will...
In a career that spanned five decades and roughly 142 films,...
While definitely not one of John Wayne’s best films, North t...
Nearly sixty years after his death, Humphrey Bogart remains ...