Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced the 40th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray release of Mel Brooks’ Blazing Saddles, which stars Cleavon Little, Harvey Korman, Madeline Kahn, Gene Wilder and Brooks himself. The new Blu-ray release of the classic comedy arrives with new, exclusive special features on May 6th.
One of Brooks’ most successful comedies, Blazing Saddles is listed #6 on American Film Institute’s (AFI) list of the best comedies of all time. Initially released in 1974, the movie grossed nearly $120 million at the domestic box office and has sold more than 4.6 million Blu-rays and DVDs.
Official Synopsis: Blazing Saddles stars Cleavon Little as an unlikely sheriff in the town of Rock Ridge, Harvey Korman as the villain, Madeline Kahn as a Marlene Dietrich-style chanteuse, Gene Wilder as the wacko Waco Kid and Brooks himself as a dimwitted politico. Once the lunatic film gets started, logic is lost in a blizzard of gags, jokes, quips, puns and outrageous assaults upon good taste or any taste at all. The film was nominated for three Academy Awards: Supporting Actress for Kahn, Best Editing and Best Song.
- NEW – Blaze of Glory: Mel Brooks’ Wild, Wild West – Brooks reflects on his own movie-making chutzpah, Blazing Saddles‘ lasting cultural impact on audiences of all generations, and alongside co-stars Gene Wilder and Madeline Kahn, proves why his film is one of the funniest and most outrageous film ever made.
- 10 Exclusive Art Cards with funny quotes and images from the film
- Audio Commentary with Mel Brooks
- Back in the Saddle: cast reunion documentary
- Black Bart: 1975 television pilot inspired by the movie
- Deleted Scenes
- Theatrical Trailer
*All Enhanced Content Listed Above Is Subject To Change
One of the best noir films ever made, Chinatown is considere...
Based on the Parker Brothers board game of the same name, Cl...
♫♪...Just to have a laugh, or sing a song. Seems we just ge...
During its eleven-year run on CBS from 1967-78, The Carol Bu...